- Send a copy to the local Wheelchair Service. I cannot wait a year just for assessment (let alone provision). And yet there are more than 700 people on this waiting list, some waiting 18 months. That's 18 months of neglect. Failure to improve a person's quality of life.
- Send a copy to Social Services Adults and Communities. It is wrong that they haven't contacted me for 15 months to arrange an assessment and discuss direct payment so I can organise my own care package. It is wrong that my so-called case worker never returned my calls, then quit, and now I have no case worker. It is wrong that they told me last summer they couldn't help me because "You aren't terminally ill or bedbound and we don't have the funding."
- Send a copy to the Disability Living Allowance dept in my fight to receive a mobility component of the award.
- Send a copy to all the charities I am going to write to for funding for a wheelchair plus the ramps that social services will again take too long to provide.
- Send a copy to my current health team. I am unhappy with the level and quality, or more importantly suitability, of the 'care' I currently receive. Sticking a person on various medications and hoping they will go away is not care.
- Send a copy to my MP if none of the above respond. Hell, why not blow it up to billboard size and stick it in Parliament Square?
So there you have it. A bit of paper. Will it make a difference? Will anyone sit up and do anything? Or will there be more waiting lists, more apathy, more bureacracy? We shall see. I will need to think carefully about who to send this to, but at least it is now there, in black and white. Funny how the camera picked up shades of grey though, isn't it?