Friday 31 August 2007

One that got through...

Night night, love you too

A text from my son. God I've missed him this week. Reception has been virtually non-existent down in Cornwall, which I suppose is a good thing as it means there can't be too many mobile phone masts wrecking the scenery down there.
My ex and I are gradually learning to holiday separately, as we have separated, which means phoning now feels inappropriate. When we were still together, there were many trips that had to be taken without me, but lots of phonecalls.
Yes in truth I want be able to talk to my son anytime, but I feel that this week was Dad time.
It's been a long week. But the main thing is that they have had a proper holiday. And maybe now the ties have been cut, it was guilt free, unlike in previous years.

No comments: