- Received money from the social fund to carry out alterations to my storage space to house a wheelchair/scooter.
- Nearly bought a scooter, only to be told by a mechanic at the 11th hour that what seemed like a bargain was in fact, well, quite possibly not. Beware machines with hard-to-obtain parts.
- Looked around at other scooters...my advocate now reckons it is legitimate for me to apply to the social fund for the money for one. This in my book is a massive indictment of NHS care. But needs must.
- Had my home support service cancelled. Why? Because I now have a PA. I was told 'the Government won't pay twice'. Wrong. One package is part of my NHS careplan, the other is social services provision, of sorts. Formal complaint number three now in operation.
- Spent a lot of time resting, tired of writing letters.
- Devised and had approved my withdrawal schedule. Prescription next week.
- Started with a new therapist. Am feeling a bit tired of dwelling on how shit everything is so next week I will be suggesting to him that we pretend my life is totally fantastic. Just to give me a break. I will be discussing my recent winter holiday in Mauritius and the several nights out on the piss I've just enjoyed. Fuck all this complex grief traumatic manic reaction stress syndrome bollocks.
Saturday, 19 January 2008
Ups and Downs
Life continues to be quite eventful. In the past week I have: